rus in urbe

Monday, June 12, 2006

Snow in Christchurch!

It was strangely quiet at 7.00 am - it sounded more like Sunday than Monday morning. Even the birds were silent.
Biking to work was more than the usual adventure. Traffic was light but I was wary of being sprayed by snowy slush from passing cars. In the residential streets I could see many cars hadn't ventured out. But one street had three sets of cycle tracks ahead of mine. We're a hardy breed.
More flurries of snow continued through the day but temperatures were just above zero so it didn't settle on the ground.
I love it when nature comes to town.

2 Comments:

  • Well hello! in NZ I am glad beautiful winter has hit you also makes it not feel so lonely when I go and look at some of the beautiful gardens up north on the globe.

    This is a lovely picture.

    By Blogger Pear tree cottage!, at 8:37 pm  

  • Lee-anne. Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the picture of the snow. At the moment we seem a way off from your daffodil scenes.

    By Blogger the Flaneur, at 12:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home